"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-- Socrates

Friday, June 10, 2011

My How Time Flies!!

It is amazing to me that we are already into the second week of June! It also amazes me how far your children have come since September. (I was reminded of that today as I visited with some of the in coming Kindergarteners for next year.) Your children are now reading, writing complete sentences (don't worry, phonetic spelling right now is alright) with capital letters and periods, solving simple addition problems, dressing themselves and even tying their own shoes! Congratulations on a job well done!!

Our classroom has been busy as usual. Last week, we were fortunate enough to have Aaron's parents, Annetia and Kevin, visit us in class to discuss their role in the Air Force and the importance of Memorial Day! Aaron's brother, Aiden, was a special visitor as well. I would like to thank Aaron and his family for their willingness to share their experiences with us, making the celebration of Memorial Day more relevant to our class. We appreciate all you do to make our country the best place on Earth to live!

We also got to enjoy a special performance by magician Rick Smith Jr. (http://ricksmithjr.com/)! He was awesome and had the attention of EVERY student at LAE for almost an hour straight! Check out his website! He really is amazing!

Don't forget about our trips next week to Ives Park (Wednesday) as well as our Fun Day (Friday)!

As always, thank you for sharing your child with me and for all your support throughout the year.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow design customized with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment