"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-- Socrates

Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome to Third Grade!!

The start of school is just around the corner.  It is an exciting and busy time of year for students, their parents and teachers, alike.  Purchasing school supplies, maybe some new school clothes or sneakers, getting to bed early and trying to establish some sort of 'routine' before next week...the list goes on and on.

I, personally, love the smells and sights at school during this time of year.  Newly waxed, shiny hallway and classroom floors, crisp bulletin board paper lining the walls, energized and refreshed colleagues anxious to meet their incoming students for a fresh, new year, Mr. Jenne's homemade chocolate chip cookies on the afternoon before students arrive (he really does make them himself...he even brings in milk to go with them)...again, the list goes on and on.

I am very excited to be joining the Third Grade team this year.  I have already been into our classroom getting things prepared for your arrival on September 6th.  I worked several weeks over the summer at Tech Camp, Math Camp and the Constructivist Design Conference, walking away with soooooo many new ideas for this school year.  How would you like to have your own blog?  We can report out on the day at school, or about your favorite book, or anything you would like to write about.   Wouldn't an iPad be an awesome tool to have in our room?  I have a colleague in California (now competing for the honor of California Teacher of the Year) who taught me many ways to use the iPad in our classroom.  Hopefully, we will have one soon!  My fingers are crossed.

Anyway, if you are in the neighborhood of Lawrence Avenue, there is a chance you may run into me in Room 190!  I will be in and out all week.  If you can, stop by to see where your new classroom will be and to say "hello"!

No comments:

Post a Comment